Job type Full time
This role would be part of the Extended Finance Team within the Business Information Systems organization. As part of the team, the OneSource Administrator is responsible for the support and administration of new features and integrations for Tax-related applications (OneSource Indirect Tax, Certificate Manager, NetSuite SuiteTax, etc.) and its integrations with NetSuite Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). This individual is responsible for the analysis, definition, design, construction, testing, modification, and maintenance of properly engineered information systems, focused on meeting the needs of the Global Tax Team.
- Support the Migration activities of existing business units into a consolidated Tax Solution.
- Assist with the implementation and support of indirect tax compliance solutions with OneSource Indirect Tax and/or NetSuite SuiteTax.
- Support the utilization and improvement of Tax Exemption processes using OneSource Certificate Manager or other tools.
- Identify, document, and recommend client technological business requirements for tax compliance processes and system improvements.
- Establish and implement best practices to ensure data quality and report performance.
- Support the applications used to prepare custom and pre-defined tax paperwork and reporting.
- Calculate tax differences for all major tax adjustments, including reviewing the configuration of Tax Codes, Tax Groups, Tax Tables, and Indirect Tax Ledgers in the core ERP.
- Support the integration and utilization of OneSource Indirect Tax with both the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Tool as well as Billing Platform.
- Provide first-line technical support for any Tax Calculation errors, identifying gaps in Taxability.
- Drive the product roadmap for Tax Engine calculation, including staying ahead of the curve on up-coming changes in Tax legislation and Taxability.
- Understand product delivery mechanisms, support master data activities for customer and product, to ensure downstream accuracy of Tax Calculations through the Tax Engine.
- Bachelor’s degree, in IT, IS, Computer Engineering, or Accounting (focus on Tax) and 2+ years of professional experience in an IT Organization or a Master’s degree in IT, IS, Computer Engineering, or Accounting (focus on Tax) and 1+ years of professional experience in an IT Organization.
- 1-2 years of proven experience with Financial System Administration, including implementation and/or maintenance of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and extended Financial Systems such as NetSuite ERP.
- 2+ years of experience in Tax System Administration in a Global Company, focused on the setup, maintenance, and general administration of Indirect Tax, Withholding Tax, and Tax Exemption Systems such as OneSource, Avalara, Vertex, and/or NetSuite SuiteTax.
- 2+ years of experience working with flat files: ASCII vs. UTF-8, Fixed Format vs. Delimited, (CSV, Piped, etc), and Structured Files (XML, JSON).
- 2+ years of experience designing Financial System Processes, Integrations, and documentation, including working with Business Owners to gather and document business requirements, creating both Business and Technical Design Documents, and Test Plans.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, specifically with advanced capabilities like Queries and VBA/Macros.
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining business process workflow and/or system workflow built to automate business processes.
- Prior experience working in an Agile Development Environment.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of experience with financial systems
- Minimum 2 years experience as tax systems administrator for a global company
- Professional experience working in an IT organization
- Knowledge of systems such as OneSource, Avalara, Vertex, Netsuite SuiteTax
1. OneSource experience preferred
2. Experience working with subscription based services organization a plus
All visa sponsorships supported
Company Culture & Perks
At Clarivate, confidence, passion, and courage are core to our company culture. We are not afraid to take a stand, form an opinion, or lead the way. We want to make an impact and stand out from the competition. We are game-changers who think outside of the box, just like the scientists, inventors, and academics for whom we build our products and services. Our three values lie at the heart of who we are and how we behave – customer focus, performance, and trust.
We pave the way for the people and organizations who are challenging the status quo and solving the world’s problems (big and small), from universities, nonprofits, and fundraising organizations to corporations, governments, and independent researchers.
At Clarivate, you will encounter people who have made their work a lifetime’s vocation. Our people care deeply about their roles and how they can help our clients excel.
As part of our team, you will work with an abundance of PhDs and subject-matter experts who have been in the industry for many years. You will be challenged to up your game and encouraged to grow professionally.
Each business unit has a unique culture, ensuring high-performing teams that work well together. Across Clarivate, we work as a team based on respect, transparency, and integrity.
Clarivate recognizes and appreciates the importance of a diverse workforce. We have employee resource groups to address gender bias (Women@Clarivate), support LGBT employees (Spectrum), and celebrate our many ethnicities (Culture@Clarivate).
Paid Time Off
1. Review from Senior Director and team
2. Questions from HR recruiter
3. Interview with Senior director and team