Job type Full time
Clarivate is a global leader in providing solutions to accelerate the lifecycle of innovation. Our bold mission is to help customers solve some of the world’s most complex problems by providing actionable information and insights that reduce the time from new ideas to life-changing inventions in the areas of science and intellectual property. We help customers discover, protect and commercialize their inventions using our trusted subscription and technology-based solutions coupled with deep domain expertise.
We now have more than 8,500 colleagues in over 40 countries worldwide, and we work with over 200 partners to deliver value and success for our customers. Today, Clarivate is a publicly traded company, listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker NYSE:CLVT.
Search and Analytics is a central technology team at Clarivate that develops best in class algorithmic services and search platforms for our products to enable differentiated capabilities. We take pride in innovating on behalf of our customers and delivering value to the business. Our scientists and engineers use Machine Learning, NLP, and Information Retrieval to solve problems along the entire Lifecycle of Innovation. From algorithms to classify content, to automating content extraction workflows, extracting and resolving entities, building recommender and decision support systems, predicting risk and outcomes, and enabling unique ways of finding content, these are just a few of the ways our team is fostering productivity of our customers who lead innovation in the world.
Note: This position can be done at our Barcelona office (when opening again) or remotely
- Design and implementation of the enterprise search applications and infrastructure
- Works in collaboration with Data Scientists to constantly optimize search algorithms and performance.
- Explores existing data for insights and recommends additional sources of data for improvements.
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with creative thinking.
- Team player and able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Deep understanding of Java server platform and system tuning.
- Experienced with cloud technologies (AWS preferred).
- Proficient in programming languages: Java, C, Python, Perl/Scripting languages.
- Strong practical experience in UNIX/Linux operating systems and network environment.
- Advanced knowledge of backend paradigms; experienced with big data, distributed processing, or high-performance computing.
- Strong data analytical capability with structured and unstructured data;
- Experienced with enterprise data processing and data modeling; familiar with common tools and technologies.
- Preferred domain knowledge with Literature and Patent content and searches;
- Familiar with SDLC and advanced testing methodologies; implement high quality code in an agile software development environment;
- Search Engine experiences with ElasticSearch/Solr/Lucene preferred.
- Data Science training and knowledge with vector space models, text classification and categorization a big plus.
Education and Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant disciplines. Master’s preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience (3+ for Master’s) with Java development (server side emphasis).
- Excellent communication and documentation skills in English.
What we can offer to you
- A start up culture/working environment combined with all the financial and stability advantages of working for a large PE backed business
- An opportunity to have a real impact on the global Life Sciences industry, and specifically how quickly drugs move from the Discovery stage through to Market Launch and commercialization
- 30 working days of vacation
- Active volunteering community, with 40 paid hours of volunteering time
- Private Health and Life & Disability insurances.
- Tax-free benefits (Ticket Restaurant scheme, kindergarten and transport cards)
- Agile work environment with a team of talented colleagues
- On-site language classes (Catalan, Spanish and English)
- Central office location in Barcelona with global and dynamic employee base (more than 20 nationalities). Office currently closed due Covid situation.
- Free fresh fruit, coffee and tea
1. Minimum 3-5 years experience with Server side Java
2. Experience with cloud technologies
3. Good communication skills including command of English
4. Strong ability to work in a global team
1. Meet with HR/Recruiter
2. Coding challenge invite from HackerRank
3. Interview with director and members of his team