Job type Full time
Clarivate™ is a global leader in providing solutions to accelerate the lifecycle of innovation. Our bold mission is to help customers solve some of the world’s most complex problems by providing actionable information and insights that reduce the time from new ideas to life-changing inventions in the areas of science and intellectual property. We help customers discover, protect and commercialize their inventions using our trusted subscription and technology-based solutions coupled with deep domain expertise.
We now have more than 8,500 colleagues in over 40 countries worldwide, and we work with over 200 partners to deliver value and success for our customers. Today, Clarivate is a publicly traded company, listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker NYSE:CLVT.
Clarivate is committed to building, nurturing, and developing a diverse culture of belonging where new colleagues can bring their authentic self to work every day! Join us!
We are recruiting for a Senior Full Stack Developer on a permanent basis to work remotely in the UK.
- As a Senior Full Stack Developer, you will be focused on owning the responsibility of managing and developing our SaaS and bespoke web applications. You will be in charge of ensuring that our offerings are kept up to date and secure, as well as enhancing our offerings moving forwards. You will work closely with the Director of Digital Solutions to help implement and develop our web applications; creating products that enable our clients to succeed in their day-to-day activities. You will also be expected to provide technical support for other members of the team, as well as manage more junior members of the team.
- It is also important to have good communication skills with clients, to be able to clearly articulate the impact of change requests on the platform and critically appraising whether the changes requested best reflect the needs of the customer.
- Owning the development and maintenance of key platforms, proactively identifying areas where the offering can be improved or enhanced
- Providing support and mentorship to junior members of the team to support on platform development, maintenance, and enhancements
- Running code reviews with junior members of the team, to assist with learning and to ensure code quality is always maintained to a high standard
- Managing internal relationships with other developer functions
- Help to scope out new projects, giving accurate and manageable time estimates for proposals
- Good communication with internal stakeholders to ensure accurate and timely delivery of projects
- Good communication with customers to manage relationships and clearly articulate how developed features will be implemented
- Keeping on top of changes in technology, to ensure that offerings are up-to-date, but also to ensure we are using the most relevant and appropriate technologies for our platforms
- Work to anticipate, identify, plan and mitigate for issues which could represent a business risk. As issues arise, develop issue management plans, statements/other communication documents and oversee execution of plans
- A strong team ethic, close attention to detail, highly motivated and ability to work under pressure and meet crucial deadlines
- Extensive experience in full stack development, 5 years plus is preferable
- Good mentoring ability to assist other members of the team with technical issues
- Line management experience preferred, but not essential
- Experience in the health care sector preferred, but not essential
- Vue.js, or other modern framework
- TypeORM/KnexJS or similar libraries
- Advanced knowledge of web architecture principles
- API development
- Advanced knowledge of web services and database management
- AWS Experience
- Web Security fundamentals and authorization
- Git & Version control
- Experience with tooling (Webpack, npm scripts, etc)
- Experience with testing (Mocha, Jest, etc)
- Shell scripting (Bash/Zsh/Fish)
- Jira/Trello experience
- Cordova, Electron, and iOS Native (Swift/Objective-C)
- Design principles – UI/UX, responsive design
- Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension Plan contribution rates:
- Sports Club Subsidy (Company pay 50% of gym membership, or up to £500)
- Childcare vouchers
- Eyecare vouchers
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, colour, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
1. Frontend and backend expertise
2. 3 years experience in a Full stack developer or similar role
4. Kotlin or Java experience
1. Team mentoring or leading experience
2. A degree or certification
1. 90 minute Teams interview with hiring manager and colleague – skills test and CBI
2. 30 minute Teams interview with hiring manager and colleague – informal conversation