Job type Full time
The successful candidate must have a strong background in OS(Linux) and database administration.
The position will be responsible for:
- Support new and existing databases.
- Assist to development and production teams with issues related to database.
- Assist with database performance tuning.
- Deploy and maintain database infrastructure, mostly in AWS (both EC2 and RDS/Aurora) with different database engines: Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL, Cassandra.
- Assist to cost optimization tasks by optimizing and/or consolidating existing databases.
- Support Data Orchestration and ETL processes on tasks and issues related to database.
- Automate tasks to help the DB team to optimize work delivery
Candidate must have good skills on the following technologies:
- Database: Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, Cassandra.
- Linux system administration. Scripting skills (bash, python, perl…) is a plus.
- Cloud environments (preferably AWS)
- Some experience working with GIT/BitBucket/SVN.
- Automation tools (Ansible, Jenkins)
What we can offer to you
- A start up culture/working environment combined with all the financial and stability advantages of working for a large PE backed business
- An opportunity to have a real impact on the global Life Sciences industry, and specifically how quickly drugs move from the Discovery stage through to Market Launch and commercialization
- 30 working days of vacation
- Active volunteering community, with 16 paid hours of volunteering time
- Private Health and Life & Disability insurances.
- Tax-free benefits (Ticket Restaurant scheme, kindergarten and transport cards)
- Agile work environment with a team of talented colleagues
- On-site language classes (Catalan, Spanish and English)
- Central office location in Barcelona (Next to Sagrada Familia) with global and dynamic employee base (more than 20 nationalities)
- Free fresh fruit, coffee and tea
1. 30 minutes interview with Hiring Manager
2. 1 hour Technical interview with the team