Job type Full time
The Solutions & Technology organization of Avaya is the company’s global team responsible for the innovation and development of Avaya’s contact center, unified communications and collaboration products and services. We are a team of innovators in every aspect of what we do and count among us the best engineers, developers, researchers and product leaders in the world of communications technology. We are excited about how the world is technologically evolving and strive to lead new revolutions in how businesses communicate via cloud, artificial intelligence, automation and mobility. Avaya’s Solutions & Technology is seeking the best and the brightest to help transform how the world connects. New recruits will be responsible for building and bringing innovation to market, in a customer-driven, high accountability, and high trust environment.
Avaya architects our systems to be highly available, fault tolerant and distributed from the ground up. We invest deeply in reliability improvements to support our scale and business criticality of our solutions and container applications. Operational automation, testing, and performance improvement is critical to the success of our solutions. We are looking to expand the team with software developers that can advance not only the functionality of the platform, but also keep a strong focus on the operational challenges around keeping our solutions reliable as our solutions evolve.
ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITIES
As Senior Architect, you are part of a team focusing on building solutions maximizing use of emerging technologies that will enable Avaya to transform our customer engagement business. Your role is to serve as a leading architect and trusted advisor relating to cloud infrastructure with a view to achieving superior availability and scalability for Avaya’s customer engagement products of the future.
You will be responsible for providing technical guidance regarding performance, elastic scale, security, availability, cloud multi-tenancy, and DevOps implementation. You will also be responsible for driving requirements for the tools and processes that enable our support organization to resolve customer issues that arise within our cloud services. You will be at the forefront of creating novel services based on API-First integrations, sourced by the composition of in-house, third-party or partner company services, and underpinned by Avaya’s extensive suite of enterprise products.
- Work with R&D leaders, product managers, sales teams and end customers, with responsibility for the discovery and documentation of technical requirements derived from business needs
- Provide guidance to teams adopting new software technologies and concepts to improve our solutions (e.g. Microservices architecture, DevSecOps, Scale, Cloud Services, etc.)
- Architect and design new software components, Microservices and software solutions
- Deliver new software applications iteratively as part of an agile/scrum cycle
- Provide guidance and innovation to the teams seeking to realize Avaya’s AI strategy.
- Identify and implement areas for continuous process improvement
ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS
As a Senior Architect of Cloud Services, you will have previous experience of:
- Track record of involvement in the design and implementation of cloud products with related key features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Hands-on experience of DevOps tool chains and processes
- Experience in the creation of cloud solutions architecture and evaluation of architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services
- Experience in designing the optimal patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery for cloud-native services and applications
- Track record in scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit testing, and production deployment. With associated relationships and communication skills as appropriate to all the key stakeholders at the various stages related to the above activities.
- Experience in development, delivery and support of AI-based products
- Proven, solid industry experience in a Cloud software development and architecture role using pipeline tools (Jenkins, Bitbucket, or similar) and latest deployment technologies (AKS, Kubernetes, Helm, Ansible, etc.). Service Registries.
- Microservice architecture design experience. Articulate how the products you worked on achieved correctly defined Bounded Context, Elastic Scale, and Independent Deployability
- Experience in delivering products that utilize Reactive tools and Architectures
- Experience in using latest back and front-end cloud tools and technologies (Kafka, Zookeeper, Redis, HTML5, Angular, Bootstrap, etc. or similar).
- Demonstrated experience in software development lifecycle. Previous experience in DevOps, DevSecOps environment:
- Continuous integration/delivery, source code control, utilization of automation and test frameworks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and are essential
- Working in a fast paced geographically dispersed organization, ability to collaborate with remote teams is a must.
1. Involvement in the design & implementation of cloud products
2. Software development life-cycle & hands-on experience of DevOps & DevSecOps tool chains & processes
3. Latest deployment tech – Kubernetes essential
4. Back & front-end cloud tools & tech – Kafka essential
5. Agile / scrum delivery of software applications
We provide comprehensive health insurance
plans that include medical, dental and vision for you and your family, in many
countries. We also provide wellness and employee assistance programs.
Recharge & Refuel
We work in a dynamic environment and we
recognize the need for you to take a break and recharge. We encourage employees
to use our generous time-off policy on a regular basis.
Grow your skills with access to on-demand
platforms and enhance your diversity lens by participating in a program that
fully funds you for a cultural immersion in another country.
Growth & Development
A feedback loop is important as you grow in
your role and career. We schedule frequent check-ins with you and your leaders
to help you identify your path to success.
We recognize Avayans for their time and effort
spent impacting causes within their communities. And we host an annual,
company-wide Month of Giving.
We invite you to own a share of our innovative
company. As an employee you have the opportunity to purchase our stock at 15%
below fair market value in many countries.
1. Initial Interview with Hiring Manager – c30-45min initial phone call
2. Technical lnterview usually with 2 of the hiring team – c1hr VC
3. Additional interviews may be required on occasion