Job type Full time
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Our Sales Engineering organization in the Nordic and Baltic region is seeking a Manager of Sales Engineering to lead a highly skilled team of Sales Engineers. In this role you will lead a SE team as well as working directly with our sales team to understand the needs of our customers, strategize on how to navigate sales cycles, lead a team of sales engineers who provide value-based evaluation scenarios including demonstrations, labs, POCs, and pilots to close business. The role also involves collaboration with operations, development and management functions to ensure smooth sales and post-sales customer experience.
ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITIES
· Plans and directs pre-sales systems/applications engineering activities in assigned area of responsibility
· Provides the technical resources to optimize sales volume and to ensure customers have the maximum opportunity for successful application through systems/applications engineering services
· Provides coordination and technical expertise in the facilitation of product/service design and implementation
· Has technical expertise in a combination of voice and data networking fields that provides significant proficiency in both technologies
· Ability to manage and support medium/large accounts, including ability to designate appropriate Systems Engineering resources to enable continual growth of the business
· Must have excellent skills in critical account management
· Experience in data networks, telephony systems & applications, unified communication applications and services, call center systems and related applications, related tools, testing systems, services
· Leadership/management experience and/or or demonstrated leadership track record of technical sales teams
· Directs the overall program/project plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing requirements to ensure that customer needs are satisfied
· Leads, builds and develops a team of motivated employees who are able to adapt to changing needs of the customer and organization
· Interface with customer executives and line of business owners in key decision-making situations
· Responsible for forecasting, reporting and driving revenue for Sales Engineers
· Develops professional relationships with key customers, suppliers, channel partners, client executives, which leads to opportunities for driving revenue and sustained client partnerships
· Provides assistance and/or escalation with different customer problems, conflict, and participates in important negotiations with key customers
· Assists in training/coaching all levels of the team
· Work is performed with minimal direction and reviewed by executive management
· Travel required to meet customers and partners
ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS
· Knowledge of Avaya products is preferred but not essential
· Strong skills in client negotiations, presentations and engagement within a large multinational company
· Ability to motivate and direct the sales engineering team
· Very strong skills in working collaboratively across Sales and Services including the ability to drive to achieve goals.
· Experience managing a team senior specialist
· Ability to prioritize across multiple projects and ad-hoc requests
· Experience supporting indirect sales via a network of partners
· Experience supporting corporate and, especially, public sector customers
· Experience sales with private, public and hybrid cloud solutions
· Understanding of contact center and collaboration technologies
· Bachelor’s Degree or above
· Solid experience in similar roles
1. Sales Engineering/Techical Sales/Pre-sales Engineering Manager
2. Nordic and Baltic market experience
3. People Management experience
4. Can we be based in Norway or Sweden or Denmark
5. Knowledge of Avaya products is preferred but not essential. Need to have Technology Presales exp.
Technical Operations Leader Russia\CIS, Israel, Nordics
Up to 40% of the time
Company Culture & Perks
Businesses are built by the experiences they provide, and everyday millions of those experiences are delivered by Avaya Holdings Corp. (NYSE: AVYA). Avaya is shaping what’s next for the future of work, with innovation and partnerships that deliver game-changing business benefits. Our cloud communications solutions and multi-cloud application ecosystem power personalized, intelligent, and effortless customer and employee experiences to help achieve strategic ambitions and desired outcomes. Together, we are committed to help grow your business by delivering Experiences that Matter. Learn more at www.avaya.com.
We provide comprehensive health insurance plans that include medical, dental and vision for you and your family, in many countries. We also provide wellness and employee assistance programs.
Recharge & Refuel
We work in a dynamic environment and we recognize the need for you to take a break and recharge. We encourage employees to use our generous time-off policy on a regular basis.
Grow your skills with access to on-demand platforms and enhance your diversity lens by participating in a program that fully funds you for a cultural immersion in another country.
Growth & Development
A feedback loop is important as you grow in your role and career. We schedule frequent check-ins with you and your leaders to help you identify your path to success.
We recognize Avayans for their time and effort spent impacting causes within their communities. And we host an annual, company-wide Month of Giving.
We invite you to own a share of our innovative company. As an employee you have the opportunity to purchase our stock at 15% below fair market value in many countries.
1. 1st interview with Hiring Manager – c30-60mins phone call
2. 2nd Technical / Panel interview with hiring team – c1hr VC
3. Additional interviews may be required