Job type Full time
Have you realized that the future of work is remote and that everything has to change if you’re going to build a remote company? Do you have the top-tier MBA providing the foundation to make organizational decisions with? Did a few years of management consulting experience give you the experience of counseling senior executives on how to improve operations and strategy?
We are looking for the brightest leaders that love learning how businesses work and are full of insights on how to make things simpler. You will need to unlearn what you know about traditional ways to execute so you can define the remote-first organizations that produce work fully asynchronously and to the highest quality standards.
Crossover cracked the code on remote work 15 years ago. We’ve learned the key to success is composing teams of the smartest and most talented individuals in the world. Our all-remote teams are successful because their work is highly-structured and is always measured by simple quality standards.
Our novel approach to building teams does not center around people with old school recruiting and HR backgrounds. Unlike most companies that rely on CVs and interview performance to dominate their hiring decisions, Crossover uses skills assessments built from real work as the largest factor in deciding if a candidate is qualified for a team.
In this unique role, you will be responsible for digging into each team, developing a deep understanding of the work they produce and building the recruiting pipeline that will power that team with the most qualified resources on Earth. The position is a great fit for people with experience as strategy, management or organizational development consultants that have been trained to decompose business processes and reconstruct them in more efficient forms.
What you will be doing:
- Diving deep into a new team that you have minimal experience with, learning what the real work is, and simplifying it into a structured format.
- Designing the real work assessments and marketing content for your pipelines.
- Using hard data to assess pipeline performance and make decisions about how to improve the quality of candidates applying.
What you will NOT be doing:
- Designing compensation or benefits packages or any other HR functions outside of recruiting.
- Combing through CVs and role openings to find matches.
- Directly managing people.
- Developing a deep understanding of the work that is done on a team.
- Identifying what differentiates low quality and high quality work.
- Finding or building assessments that evaluate an applicant’s ability to do the real work.
- Distilling what makes the work exciting and different from other organizations.
- Crafting content to use on job boards, social media and our career pages that motivate candidates to take the assessments and “audition” for the role.
- Evaluating work that applicants submit and interviewing those that meet your high quality bar.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a software company or as a management consultant advising a software business
- At least 3 years experience managing others and being responsible for the quality of their work
- Either a career-start in management consulting or a specialization in organizational development, crafting people strategies beginning with a deep dive into the work.
- The ability to simplify complex ideas and write them clearly and concisely.