Career Level Others
We are Pixellu, a software company on a mission to simplify professional photographers’ lives. We are seeking a world-class Lead UX/ Product Designer to head our product design. You’ll be working directly with the VP of Product & CEO to develop a product vision and execute on that vision with the help of UX/UI, Product Owners/Managers, and Engineering.
This is not a “sit in the office and plan” role. This is a role where you will be with the exec team one day, and in the trenches the next. Expect to roll up your sleeves and be in the weeds, doing the work.
🚀 ABOUT PIXELLU
At Pixellu, we know professional photographers are frustrated with all of the tedious work required to run a successful photography business. Many get so overwhelmed, they end up quitting on their dream of having a photography career. That is why we create easy-to-use, time-saving software that simplify photographers’ lives, so that they can spend less time in front of the computer and get back to doing what they love.
Pixellu was co-founded in 2010 by two wedding photographers. Faced with the challenges of long hours and endless tasks, we began asking ourselves, “How can we save valuable time, make more money, and get our lives back?” Our answer was technology. We started Pixellu with the idea that we could make money by providing an honest service that helped photographers save time and live more fulfilling lives. We believed that, by focusing on a great product and great service, we could build a business that not only does good, but also does well.
Today, we are a team of 30 team members spread across 10 countries, serving tens of thousands of photographers in over 100 countries.
Learn more about us and why you’ll love working at Pixellu here: Video – About Pixellu
😎 YOUR ROLE
Pixellu currently has two main products – SmartAlbums and SmartSlides. We are looking to not only improve existing products, but also introduce new products that will further simplify our customers’ lives.
The primary role of the VP of Product is product strategy. You, as the Lead Product Designer, would be second-in-command and responsible for execution. Your job will be to:
- Research: Conduct user research and testing.
- Plan: Help shape the product strategy and vision. Drive product roadmaps & set feature priorities.
- Prototype: Define the user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, information architecture, sketches and wireframes, and visual design. Build functional prototypes to validate and test your designs.
- Design: Design simple, elegant, data-driven, user-centric experiences that delight users.
- Lead: Lead our small team of UX/UI and Product Owners/Managers.
Aside from the standard job description, here is what we most value in a candidate:
- Impeccable visual taste
- Obsession with simplicity and intuitive design
- Mastery and application of color, space, typography, iconography, illustration, and UX laws
- Thorough knowledge of the latest trends in UX/UI
- People & communication skills
- Data-driven decision making
- 4+ years of experience in product design
- Work from anywhere
- Flex time; aside from “required online hours” of 8-11am Pacific Time, work hours are fully flexible
- Competitive salary based on experience level and your local cost of living considerations
- Quarterly profit-sharing bonuses based on seniority and role
- Paid parental leave
- 20 annual days off, with ability to make up missed days on weekends