Job type Full time
Chili Piper has spent the last four years helping industry leaders like Twilio, Gong, Gainsight, Airbnb, Expedia, and hundreds more get the most value out of meetings and meeting requests.
We identified so many opportunities where intelligent software could help, that it shaped a category all on its own. Until now we didn’t have a name for it.
Today we do: Meeting Lifecycle Automation.
Chili Piper is seeking talented, motivated engineers to join our fully remote team building interactive data applications. As a part of our growing back-end team, you will collaborate with others throughout our organization and technology stack to build products that are revolutionizing the way our clients achieve their business goals.
On the back-end team, we invite you to bring your experience and perspective to conversations about the future growth of our applications and environment. We work closely together, with a healthy and non-combative review process aimed at improving code as well as developing each other’s skills. In short, we strive to write solid, thoroughly tested, and readable code; and we are seeking a new contributor to our already highly effective team.
- Build API to a multi-tenant backend services to enable easy access by internal applications, clients, and partners
- Continuously integrate and ship code into the cloud environment
- Develop applications from ground up using a modern technology stack based on Kotlin server stack
- Participate in defining the architecture of modern tools and runtime for operating your code such as GCP, Docker, Kubernetes
- Work directly with Product Owners to deliver products in a collaborative and agile environment
Who You Are
- You are passionate to be part of cutting edge projects and are motivated by delivering world-class products with great architecture on an aggressive schedule
- You are not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; are passionate about your craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
- You love to learn new technologies and mentor engineers to raise the bar on your team
- You are passionate about learning, producing and deploying quality code using GCP, Docker, Kotlin, Mongo
- 4+ years of full stack development experience with JVM compatible languages
- 2+ years of experience in Kotlin
- Experience with backend development and integrating with 3d parties
- Experience in designing and documenting API
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced level knowledge of JVM
- Ability to inspect and debug existing code
- Ability to integrate with other JVM languages such as Scala
- Experience in Unix/Linux including basic commands and scripting
- Solid understanding of continuous integration, deployment and monitoring
- Designing mission-critical system using GCP, Docker and microservices architecture
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Docker containers
- Experience with build tools (Gradle, SBT)
How We Work
- Freedom and flexibility. We’re a 100% distributed team working from around the world. Our team members can work from wherever they want in the world, as long as they show up on our weekly all hands meeting on Zoom.
- Solve interesting problems. The software landscape has exploded. There are dozens of solutions for each problem. We want to be different. We come up with new angles on existing problems or invent better solutions to help companies with their sales and marketing. Then we turn these ideas into beautiful, smart software.
- Autonomy and ownership. Working on a distributed team means you don’t have someone micromanaging you or looking over your shoulder to make sure you’re getting things done. We’re a team of do-ers who take full ownership for their results.
- Be helpful. Our first value as a company is help. Help our customers be successful. Help our prospects get the right information and make the right decision whether or not it includes our products. Help our team members reach their full potential.
- Unlimited Vacation
- Company Offered 401k Plan
- Generous Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- WeWork membership so you can work from anywhere
- Any equipment/software/tech that you need to do your job