Career Level Junior
Scopic is seeking a Remote Junior Big Data Engineer to join our team of 250+ professionals across 40 countries. The successful applicant will work with a powerhouse team to develop a complex Big Data application. This is a full-time, home-based position.
- Configuring cloud service to ensure optimal performance
- Optimizing Apache Hadoop and Spark for performance
- Maintaining Hadoop clusters
- Troubleshooting Apache Spark running on multi-node clusters and distributed data processing framework
- Working with highly sensitive and private data
At Scopic, we believe great developers can be found in every corner of the globe, and talent shouldn’t be limited by location. Our employees work in nearly every time zone, from whenever they feel most comfortable, and our software benefits from this diversity of perspectives and expertise.
Why Work With Scopic Software?
- Flexible working hours, set your own schedule
- Freedom to travel and work from anywhere in the world
- Ability to work wherever you are most comfortable (home, office, park, café, etc.)
- Reliable, consistent workload
- Flexible payment options in $US – salaried and hourly positions available
- Annual pay increases for good performance
- Paid training and other professional growth opportunities
- International travel opportunities (not required)
- Interesting, challenging projects using the latest technologies
- 1+ years of professional DevOps experience
- Experience with Apache Spark streaming and batch framework
- Experience managing large-scale data streaming pipelines with Hadoop
- Experience in system architecture design
- Knowledge of service oriented architecture and data standards (e.g. Parquet)
- Exceptional time management skills
- Intermediate-level spoken and written English
- Bachelors degree or higher
- Salary: Negotiable depending on skills and experience.
- Hourly and salary positions available.
- Employees are paid monthly via wire transfer.
Scopic is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Interested? Apply now!
You have until September 25th, 2020 to apply!