Job type Full time
Avaya seeks to add an enthusiastic, highly motivated and talented individual to its Contracting and Commercial Law team in EMEA primarily supporting the in-life delivery of a strategic customer contract. The primary job responsibilities for this Contract Manager position will be to ensure that Avaya, its subcontractors and its customer meet the obligations and follow the processes set out in this complex customer contract, and to be responsible for general in-life contract management, in accordance with Avaya policies and procedures and good commercial practice, including drafting and managing change control documentation; identifying, managing and escalating risk; and advising the delivery teams on contractual interpretation. T
The successful candidate will be part of the Avaya Contracting team supporting our sales and delivery teams in the relevant regions. You will work collaboratively with our Legal Counsels, Contract Negotiators, channel organization, sales organization, finance, delivery teams and the various business units in EMEA and globally to ensure best-in-class, seamless support to our channel partners and customers. In this role you will be reporting to the Contracting Centre of Excellence Lead – EMEA.
It will be beneficial for the person to be primarily based in Guildford, however this is a role that allows flexibility in terms of location.
About the Responsibilities
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the contract with Avaya’s strategic customer to internal and external stakeholders
- Serves as a trusted advisor to internal delivery teams by providing effective, knowledgeable contract and risk management advice, and recommending simple solutions to complex problems
- Ensures compliance through the implementation, in-life and exit phases of the contract by setting up processes; monitoring and tracking contract adherence; managing subcontractors; and escalating where required
- Maintains and maximizes Avaya’s rights and entitlements set out in the contract by ensuring notices are given in line with the contract requirements
- Supports the delivery team and business unit to manage potential and actual contract disputes, by interpreting the contract and using commercial acumen
- Supports sales with upsell and revenue maximization activities using the change control process
- Negotiates and drafts contract changes with the strategic customer, as well as with other customers, while protecting Avaya’s needs; flowing down terms to subcontractors; and seeking to be ‘customer first’, at the same time as ensuring strict adherence to Avaya policies/schedules or seeking approvals to deviate where appropriate.
- Advises business clients using extensive contract knowledge, knowledge of legal requirements for compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and awareness of Avaya financial policies and strategies, referring to other members of the legal team as required
- Participates in executive briefings and deal reviews
- Supports the wider contract negotiation team to review and negotiate non-standard contractual and other documentation with other customers when required
About the Requirements
- An excellent team player that can demonstrate Avaya’s cultural principles of Simplicity, Accountability, Teamwork, Trust and Empowerment
- Law or business degree, or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English; other European languages are beneficial
- Minimum 5 years of in-life contract management experience with a technology or services company
- Demonstrated experience and skills in supporting large and/or strategic contracts including project management
- Proven skills in drafting commercial documentation
- Excellent negotiator with strong influencing skills that can plan, manage and conduct negotiations on a win-win basis
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and inter-personal skills
- Track record of excellence in past employment
- We are looking for a self-starter with enthusiasm for new challenges, who operates well in a fast-paced environment that places a strong premium on integrity, excellence, execution and teamwork
1. Min 5 years in-life contract management experience
2. Experience working in a technology or services company
3. Drafting commercial documentation
4. Excellent English and strong written and verbal communication skills
1. Law or business degree
2. European languages in addition to English
Businesses are built by the experiences they provide, and everyday millions of those experiences are delivered by Avaya Holdings Corp. (NYSE: AVYA). Avaya is shaping what’s next for the future of work, with innovation and partnerships that deliver game-changing business benefits. Our cloud communications solutions and multi-cloud application ecosystem power personalized, intelligent, and effortless customer and employee experiences to help achieve strategic ambitions and desired outcomes. Together, we are committed to help grow your business by delivering Experiences that Matter.
About our Benefits
We provide comprehensive health insurance plans that include medical, dental and vision for you and your family, in many countries. We also provide wellness and employee assistance programs.
Recharge & Refuel
We work in a dynamic environment and we recognize the need for you to take a break and recharge. We encourage employees to use our generous time-off policy on a regular basis.
Grow your skills with access to on-demand platforms and enhance your diversity lens by participating in a program that fully funds you for a cultural immersion in another country.
Growth & Development
A feedback loop is important as you grow in your role and career. We schedule frequent check-ins with you and your leaders to help you identify your path to success.
We recognize Avayans for their time and effort spent impacting causes within their communities. And we host an annual, company-wide Month of Giving.
We invite you to own a share of our innovative company. As an employee you have the opportunity to purchase our stock at 15% below fair market value in many countries.
Work From Home
Paid Time Off
1. 1st interview with Hiring Manager – c30-60mins phone call
2. 2nd Technical / Panel interview with hiring team – c1hr VC
3. Additional interviews may be required