Job type Full time
The Maintenance Electrician is part of the Maintenance team (Maintenance fitters and Engineering Team) and advises management on the continued operations by inspecting electrical systems and equipment to identify hazards or defects, testing electrical systems and diagnose malfunctioning equipment.
The role of the Maintenance Electrician is to install, maintain, repair and replace a variety of equipment and machinery, in accordance with maintenance and electrical standards, and work with external contractors within the Bray (Ireland) site.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assemble, install, test, maintain, repair and replace electrical wiring, machinery, equipment, appliances, systems, apparatus, components and fixtures (described as equipment from here on), using hand tools and power tools.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment, such as, but not limited to, power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment to carry out your day to day functions.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, roofs, MEWP (Mobile elevated working platform) or other height related platforms/equipment, to install, maintain, repair or replace electrical wiring, equipment, appliances, components or fixtures.
- Plan, layout and perform installation of electrical wiring and equipment, based on the job specifications, while conforming to electrical codes, building codes, regulations, policies and standards at all times.
- Prepare sketches, blueprints or drawings; update existing drawings, to ensure an accurate record of the electrical installation within the equipment and the site is maintained at all times.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes or components. Fasten metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications as required.
- Repair, replace, install, remove, maintain, connect, disconnect, ground, power or signal cables to equipment. As an example, but not limited to, items such as motors, circuit breakers, control cabinets, distribution cabinets, transformers, instrumentation, PLC’s, safety circuitry, lighting, within electrical cabinets, on or within the equipment or within the fabric of the facility itself.
- Dismantle, assemble equipment where close fitting or alignment is required, as an example, but not limited to, gearboxes, leadscrews, shafts, bearings, pumps, motors and instrumentation.
- Maintain written or electronic records of breakdowns, the use of spare parts, a description of the work carried out, repairs made, replacements made, all in compliance with current regulations, standards, codes and policies, especially in the areas of Electrical Safety, Safety of Machinery and Equipment, Environment and Quality.
Qualifications & Experience
- Fully qualified Electrician
- Team player that works off own initiative and works in a proactive manner.
- A good communicator that takes direction well.
- Experience as a Maintenance Electrician in a fast-paced manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Electrical aptitude is essential, be able to diagnose and solve problems, to be able to read electrical drawings.
- Experience of Continuous Improvement techniques is desirable.
- Experience in PLC controlled machinery and High Voltage Distribution Systems is desirable.
- Project management skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Company Culture & Perks
The candidate needs to be available to work on site Monday to Friday, however there is flexiwork implemented, so starting times are from 7 am to 9:30 am and finishing times from 4 pm to 6:30 pm. Fridays only work until 12:30.
There is free parking space and subsidiary canteen, cover the cost of professional memberships if needed and there is a recognition programe in place.
1. Right to work in Ireland
2. Fully Qualified Electrician in Ireland
3. Experience working to Irish Electrical Standards
4. Working at Heights
5. Experience working install, maintain, repair and replace a variety of equipment and machinery, in accordance with maintenance and electrical standards
1. Recuiter Call
2. On site interview and visit of the facilities during working hours (2 hours)