Job type Full time
The Solutions & Technology organization of Avaya is the company’s global team responsible for the innovation and development of Avaya’s contact center, unified communications and collaboration products and services. We are a team of innovators in every aspect of what we do and count among us the best engineers, developers, researchers and product leaders in the world of communications technology. We are excited about how the world is technologically evolving and strive to lead new revolutions in how businesses communicate via cloud, artificial intelligence, automation and mobility. Avaya’s Solutions & Technology is seeking the best and the brightest to help transform how the world connects. New recruits will be responsible for building and bringing innovation to market, in a customer-driven, high accountability, and high trust environment.
Avaya architects our systems to be highly available, fault tolerant and distributed from the ground up. We invest deeply in reliability improvements to support our scale and business criticality of our solutions and container applications. Operational automation, testing, and performance improvement is critical to the success of our solutions. We are looking to expand the team with software developers that can advance not only the functionality of the platform, but also keep a strong focus on the operational challenges around keeping our solutions reliable as our solutions evolve.
ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas of software engineering
- May have a specific focus in one or more of the following:
- Designs, deploys, and supports best in class software, development processes and software development tools; develops tasks including module/micro-service design and coding, debugging, and documentation of code base
- Conducts systems programming and systems support activities
- Contributes to design, development and test tasks to ensure software meets specified performance, scalability and reliability requirements
- Defines model interfaces/formats for performance simulation
- Defines the module specific requirements for software development projects
- Defines APIs in collaboration with technical and business stakeholders
- Investigates new technology to determine best patterns to address design challenges
- Develops technical solutions to complex problems that require regular use of creativity
- Review and ensure designs and implementations follow fault-tolerance and security best practices
- Experience building business critical large-scale system with extreme availability
- Care about agility as much you care for scalability and availability. Continuous deployment keeps us focused on incremental releases. Even our biggest technical achievements roll out piece by piece, feature flagged out of sight.
- Ability to program across the core project language Java
ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS
We are seeking candidates with strong communication and problem-solving. Self-starters that can participate in an autonomous team environment with can-do approach required – automation orientated. We are looking for candidates to be proud of what they work on, obsess about the quality of the work they produce. Ideally, you’ve been part of teams that have built exciting SaaS and/or PaaS products in your previous roles and loved the satisfaction that comes with knowing that people around the world are using something you’ve created. We are looking for a DevOps enthusiast. You can demonstrate significant impact that your work has had on the product and/or the team. Join us to do the best work of your career.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience working as part of team adhering to agile principles
- Experience to micro-services architecture and reactive architecture principles, with API first development practical experience an advantage
- Strong Java development experience in real time distributed computing environments; Multi-threading and performance optimization.
- Azure experience
- Experience working on product that deploy as SaaS offers.
- Experience beyond usage of Docker and container management systems like Kubernetes in production. Specifically, we are looking for developers who have extended and improved these platforms
- Experience deploying applications to heterogeneous environments: cloud, on-prem (private cloud), and end-user (developer, car).
- Staple technology employed for which experience is required: Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, Istio, SpringBoot, Asynchronous HttpClient libraries, Websockets, Postgres
- General tech you would be working with: Java, Linux, Avro, Helm, Jenkins, Bitbucket/Git, Sonar
- Experience securing infrastructure (SAML, SASL, OAuth, Keycloak, etc).
- Experience with related tools and processes: Git, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, TDD, BDD, API first, Code Reviews, etc.
- Areas of focus where expertise would be valuable include (across all deployment variants): Geo redundancy, High availability, Scale and solution engineering, Micro-service scale / Product scale
1. Java Development Experience
2. Micro-services architecture
3. SaaS product offers
4. Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka
5. Agile Software Development
We provide comprehensive health insurance plans that include medical, dental and vision for you and your family, in many countries. We also provide wellness and employee assistance programs.
Recharge & Refuel
We work in a dynamic environment and we recognize the need for you to take a break and recharge. We encourage employees to use our generous time-off policy on a regular basis.
Grow your skills with access to on-demand platforms and enhance your diversity lens by participating in a program that fully funds you for a cultural immersion in another country.
Growth & Development
A feedback loop is important as you grow in your role and career. We schedule frequent check-ins with you and your leaders to help you identify your path to success.
We recognize Avayans for their time and effort spent impacting causes within their communities. And we host an annual, company-wide Month of Giving.
We invite you to own a share of our innovative company. As an employee you have the opportunity to purchase our stock at 15% below fair market value in many countries.
1. Initial interview with Hiring Manager – c30mins phone call
2. Technical interview with hiring team – c1hr VC
3. Additional interviews may be required