Are you getting bored administering cloud infrastructure for a small team or company? Does the challenge of scaling to support dozens of the most relevant, cutting-edge cloud technologies for thousands of customers excite you?
If you crave variety and constantly push yourself to learn new things, if you welcome the challenge of maintaining live systems of massive scale, and if you look for teams as driven as you are to deliver the right solutions the first time, this is your opportunity to join a global cloud operations support organization unlike any other.
As Amazon’s #1 centralized database partner, we stretch the boundaries of what’s possible with today’s cloud computing technologies, to provide services for a rapidly growing network of business customers worldwide.
What you will be doing:
You will be part of a back-end systems support team for our growing portfolio of cloud-based software applications. You will own the resolution of various system change requests from internal stakeholders, as well as handling well-defined processes for maintaining SaaS business applications used by our customers (many of which have thousands of concurrent users). You will use infrastructure monitoring tools and respond to alerts to continuously improve the stability of our systems. Our workflow automation eliminates guesswork and simplifies your daily priorities, freeing you up to focus on solving systems issues.
In this role, you will have hands-on responsibility for maintaining mission-critical infrastructure in a multi-billion dollar global software enterprise, supporting products used by Fortune 500 companies. Specifically, you will:
- Respond to infrastructure monitoring alerts, resolving incidents to ensure system uptime and expected service levels
- Fulfill internal stakeholder requests for defined services related to our diverse portfolio of software products
- Provide cloud operations support during your local regular business hours as part of a global SaaS operations team
Success in this role depends on understanding the cloud technologies we support and how they interact. We look for candidates who possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding preferred
- 1+ years of experience with Linux and Windows Server operating systems
- 1+ years of experience maintaining SaaS applications in one of the major platforms (Azure, GCP, AWS, IBM Cloud)
- English language proficiency (written and verbal)