Job type Full time
SocialChorus is now named Firstup! We are in the process of building our new Firstup Careers page which is coming soon. In the meantime please see job description below:
Joining SocialChorus means joining a movement to connect every worker. This movement has taken root and is evident in our world-class customer base and their millions of employees worldwide. Now we need your help. Ready to make a difference in the world?
We are currently seeking an Android Engineer to help enhance and build our industry leading communications platform. You will be surrounded by some of the sharpest minds you can find in a supportive and collaborative environment as you tackle some of the most complex problems in Enterprise SaaS development. Ready for a challenge?
We are a distributed team. Yes, we have offices in several cities but we build solutions for distributed workforces so we model our workforce the same way. In this role you really can work where you want.
- Design and execute user-facing features on Android devices
- Create and update application designs for application enhancements
- Provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices
- Produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and inspected for continuous integration
- Carefully evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision
- Work with the Design team to hone in on the best UI and infrastructure practices
- Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions
- Strong coding abilities and experience with Java and Android SDK; experience coding with Kotlin preferred
- 4+ years building apps in a production environment
- Experience deploying apps to the Play Store
- Personal/Public projects available for review
- Experience with Multi-Threading and memory management specific to mobile devices
- Experience designing clean and maintainable APIs
- Experience consuming web services and HTTP REST interaction with JSON
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
Why SocialChorus? Because you care. About people, the work you do, and the connections you make. Work is such a large part of life, it only makes sense to make it awesome.
If you want to engage brilliant minds in a true start-up environment where ideas are rewarded regardless of who they come from, join us. This is a rapidly changing space so if you thrive on ambiguity, are hungry for a challenge, and have the guts to speak your mind it could be a perfect fit.
Come for the challenges, come for the people, and the unlimited PTO, health benefits, 401k plan, casual and friendly environment, and a leadership team who truly believes in your growth both professionally and personally will keep you here.We’re an equal opportunity employer.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
1. Top 3 languages/frameworks with length of experience. (Java and Android SDK is required, Kotlin is strongly preferred)
2. 4+ years building apps in a production environment
3. Experience deploying apps to the Play Store; ideally for enterprise SaaS companies
4. See Qualification in JD for comprehensive list of Must-Haves.
5. Capability and desire to solve challenging problems
1. Experience with framework/skills: Gradle build tool; Volley/Retrofit/Okhttp; Realm, Room; Dagger, Hilt; and RelativeLayout & ConstraintLayout
2. Startup experience is great
3. Comfort in ambiguous environments
Reports To – Engineering Manager
No visa sponsorships supported
Company Culture & Perks
Every employee should be included and supported.
We believe this as a platform that connects global enterprises to their workers. But we also believe it inside our walls, even when those walls are virtual.
Fully paid medical/dental/vision benefits
Fun travel opportunities
1. Recruiter call
2. Hiring Manager + team interviews
3. Closing call with CTO